Is your home full of clutter?
William Morris, a 19th century English craftsman, said, “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful”
I share this quote with my clients because I believe it can guide us in controlling clutter in our homes.
As you look around your home ask yourself:
1. Do I use this? If you do great! Find a place to keep it.
2. Do I believe this is beautiful? If you don’t like the way something looks and you don’t use it, what is it doing in your home?
The benefits of controlling clutter are:
1. You will save time because you won’t waste time looking for the things you want. You’ll know where they are.
2. You will save money because you won’t waste money buying duplicates and creating clutter.
3. You will have less stress. Science has proven that extremely cluttered environments are stressful.
Download the Clutter Quality of Life Scale quiz to see the impact clutter is having on your life. This scale was developed by the Institute for Challenging Disorganization. Give me a call after you take the quiz!